Driven Chauffeured Services Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions and the agreement between Driven Chauffeured Services (DCS) and the Customer are governed by English Law.
General Conditions of Hire
· DCS will determine the best possible route based on current road condition and fastest/shortest distance travelled. If the Customer requests that DCS follows a different route other than that specified then the Customer will be liable for any excess charges involved.
· DCS accepts no liability for delays outside of the direct control of DCS, including but not limited to, traffic jams, accidents, road closures, adverse weather conditions or acts of god.
· The customer must not act or request any action which contravenes or causes a contravention of any part of any legislation which applies to the use of vehicles under the road traffic act.
· A normal amount of luggage is allowed, however, if in the opinion of the Chauffeur the luggage amounts to excessive weight it may not be carried.
· DCS accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to luggage or any other item; however such loss or damage may be caused, unless the loss or damage is a direct consequence of the Chauffeurs negligence.
· The carriage of animals is by strict request and agreement in advance with DCS. DCS reserve the right of refusal. This does not include the carriage of guide dogs for the disabled.
· DCS reserve the right to refuse travel to anyone deemed to be a nuisance or danger to other passengers or the Chauffeur. DCS will not refund or compensate in such circumstances.
· All of the vehicles owned and operated by DCS have a strict NO SMOKING policy, this is not negotiable.
· Minor changes to the Itinerary can be made free of charge but must be communicated to DCS within 24 hours of the journey.
· DCS strive to supply the exact car booked by the customer, however, should that vehicle not be available for whatever reason DCS will supply a similar alternative vehicle.
· Cancellations must be received no later than 24 hours before the commencement of the hire. DCS reserves the right to invoice the customer if this condition is not met.
· For the cancellation of a Wedding booking a minimum of three weeks notice must be given. DCS reserves the right to invoice the customer if this condition is not met.
Charges, Payments & Deposits
· All prices are quoted in pounds sterling and are exclusive of VAT, which will be charged for all services where applicable at the prevailing rate.
· Parking charges and toll charges are not included and will be charged at cost.
· All hires are calculated as starting and finishing from the registered address of DCS (NN12 7AX)
· All journeys which involve the dropping off of one customer and the pickup of another will be calculated as a single journey, unless the waiting time between drop off and pick up exceeds 3 hours in which case they will be priced as two separate journeys.
· A surcharge of 25% will be made for all journeys which start or finish during a UK Bank Holiday.
· A surcharge of 50% will be made for journeys on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Between 18:00hrs on News Years Eve until 10:00hrs New Years Day.
· We accept all major credit and debit cards. Payments can be made at the time of booking or via the Chauffeur whilst in the vehicle.
· We request a deposit is paid when booking your Chauffeur, this is typically 10% on Chauffeured travel and £50.00 on Wedding Bookings. Deposits are non refundable .
· Account facilities are available to all EU based customers supported by satisfactory bank references.
· All invoices are to be paid 14 days from the date of invoice, subject to agreement when opening the account.
· Invoices will be issued in pounds sterling. Cheque Payments must be drawn from a UK bank, alternatively credit/debit cards, or electronic transfer direct into our bank account can be used to settle invoices.
· Account Customers will be notified in writing of any variations of prices due to circumstances beyond our control.
· DCS reserve the right to cancel any account at any time and for any reason.
· Account holders conditions should be read in conjunction with DCS’ general terms and conditions.
· Airport transfers are based on one way, direct, non-stop transfer to or from the Airport.
· The meet and greet facility allows a waiting time of 30 minutes for internal flights and 45 minutes for international flights. DCS will monitor the arrival time of your flight and arrange the Chauffeur to arrive in good time. The waiting time starts when the plane has landed.
· Any excess waiting time is charged at £15.00 per hour.
· Where meet and greet is required the Chauffeur will wait for the customer at the Customs Exit in the Arrivals Lounge, the Chauffeur will hold a card showing the customers name, unless otherwise specified at time of booking. The Chauffeur will then direct the customer to the vehicle for the transfer.
· DCS are insured for passenger travel, this insurance is for Public Liability to a maximum of £2,000,000.
· Under the conditions of DCS’ insurance, DCS recognize the legal liability for third party claims arising from the use of their vehicles.
· Under the terms of DCS’ insurance policy DCS prohibit any person other than DCS Chauffeurs from driving their vehicles and can only seat the number of passengers according to the vehicles seating capacity.
· If for some reason you are not totally satisfied with the service provided please in the first instance make your concerns known to the Chauffeur who will try and rectify the situation immediately. If this is not successful please direct your comments or concerns in writing to: Driven Chauffeured Services, 34 Irvine Drive, Towcester, Northants, NN12 7AX. Please provide your Booking Reference Number along with an explanation of events.
· DCS aim to resolve all complaints amicably within 2 weeks.
· In the unlikely event that an amicable resolution cannot be made DCS will refer the matter to the Institute of Arbitrators whose decision will be final.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained in this document is correct at the time of being produced, DCS regret that they cannot accept liability for any errors or changes that may occur after publication.